This video demonstrates how to calculate the average atomic mass (also called the relative atomic mass) for an element. It also demonstrates how to determine the most abundant isotope of an element.
Video Keyword – and bond structure of materials
Video Title – Calculating Average Atomic Mass
More News and Resources
No items to display at this time.
- @Brandthacker12 Brandthacker July 13, 2017I added a video to a @YouTube playlist http://youtu.be/e34xouaX3lg?a Calculating Average Atomic Mass - Mr Pauller
- @sneakercranium Sneaker Cranium March 1, 2017I liked a @YouTube video http://youtu.be/HIToHoZGRSE?a Calculating Average Atomic Mass
- @Saadarshad12 Saad arshad January 26, 2017Calculating the Average Atomic Mass http://fb.me/8H6JXNiUx
- @LizNataliaRocha Natalia Rocha September 15, 2014Atomic Mass and calculating Average Atomic Mass (weighted average): http://youtu.be/7BPaBolv55s via @YouTube #helixdensitylab
- @DreamsOfAPremed DreamingOfMedicine December 26, 2013I added a video to a @YouTube playlist http://youtu.be/HIToHoZGRSE?a Calculating Average Atomic Mass
- Atomic mass unit versus atomic weight unit. I'm confused. What are the units? (gram, Pound) can someone explain using an element other than carbon February 10, 2017Okay, I know gram is not the unit. One concept I do understand relatively well is the concept of isotopes and calculating the average "weight/mass?" By multiplying it by the percentage of how abundant that isotope is on earth. E.g. 98.89% of carbon on earth is carbon-12 and 1.110% of carbon on earth is carbon 13 (the stuff I got off the Khan video) […]/u/furinkazan16
- The Ultimate Wall of Text [Part 3] December 31, 2016In telecommunications, modulation is the process of conveying a message signal, for example a digital bit stream or an analog audio signal, inside another signal that can be physically transmitted. Modulation of a sine waveform transforms a basebandmessage signal into a passband signal. A carrier wave is a pure wave of constant frequency, a bit like a sine w […]/u/unskilledtf2
- Calculating Average Atomic Mass - chemteam.info January 14, 2018To calculate the average atomic weight, each exact atomic weight is multiplied by its percent abundance (expressed as a decimal). Then, add the results ...
- How to Calculate Atomic Mass Practice Problems - YouTube January 16, 2018To see all my Chemistry videos, check out http://socratic.org/chemistry How do you calculate atomic mass? You have to multiply the atomic weight ...
- How to Find Average Atomic Mass: 8 Steps (with Pictures ... June 9, 2017How to Find Average Atomic Mass. Average atomic mass is not a direct measurement of a single atom. Instead, it is the average mass per atom for a typical ...
- Advanced Design - Atomic Rockets January 12, 2018Typical breakdown of the dry mass of a spacecraft (total mass less the propellant mass). For "payload" read "everything else". From NASA Space Power and ...
- Molecular mass and molecular weight (video) | Khan Academy January 15, 2018Calculating the molecular mass and molecular weight of water.
- Calculating Molar Mass - wikiHowFind the relative atomic mass of the element. An element's relative atomic mass is the average mass, in atomic units, of a sample of all its isotopes. This ...
- Electron - Wikipedia January 10, 2018The electron is a subatomic particle, symbol e − or β −, whose electric charge is negative one elementary charge. Electrons belong to the first ...
- Radiation - Atomic Rockets January 13, 2018OK, listen up people! Rockets in space will need to protect the crew from space radiation. Atomic rockets will have to protect the crew from the atomic ...
- Early Atomic Theory: Dalton, Thomson, Rutherford and ... January 13, 2018Imagine firing a bullet at a piece of tissue paper and having it bounce back at you! You would probably be just as surprised as Rutherford when he...
- Isotopes and mass spectrometry (article) | Khan Academy February 1, 2011Isotopes and atomic weight. How isotopes can be detected using mass spectrometry.
No items to display at this time.
- http://verandi.org/atomic-mass-how-to-calculate-isotope-abundance/ To see all my Chemistry videos, ... July 17, 2017http://verandi.org/atomic-mass-how-to-calculate-isotope-abundance/To see all my Chemistry videos, check outHow do you determine and calculate isotope abundance when you know the relative atomic mass (also known as atomic weight), as measured in amu or atomic mass numbers? Here we will go through the algebra and reasoning to figure out the amount of abundance […]
- New video on "Calculating Average Atomic Mass of Elements" now on the YouTubes...SUBSCRIBE to my channel... September 26, 2015New video on "Calculating Average Atomic Mass of Elements" now on the YouTubes...SUBSCRIBE to my channel if you like it.
- TUES - Jan 6 - Absent today? Complete Average Atomic MAss packet - check each answer and fix if incorrect... January 6, 2015TUES - Jan 6 - Absent today? Complete Average Atomic MAss packet - check each answer and fix if incorrect on Socrative.com (Email me for data for Candium) HW IS IN SCHEDULE: READ & Take notes 4.9 Atomic Mass page 111 - Do skillbuilder 4.9 . Conceptual Checkpoint 4.6DO page 122 #95, 97, 99 (NEED HELP In UNDERSTANDING THE CONCEPT - not calcs??? See […]
- A great video introducing isotopes and average atomic mass. November 4, 2014A great video introducing isotopes and average atomic mass.
- Chemists assigned carbon-12 a mass of 12 unified atomic mass units. So why doesn't it say exactly 12... February 24, 2014Chemists assigned carbon-12 a mass of 12 unified atomic mass units. So why doesn't it say exactly 12 for carbon's mass on the periodic table? Because the periodic table shows the "average atomic mass." There's more than one type of carbon! In this video, we work through 2 examples of calculating the average atomic mass of an element. […]
- Need help calculating the average atomic mass of an element, watch my new video. December 5, 2013Need help calculating the average atomic mass of an element, watch my new video.